Do you like combining your dancing with a travel adventure?
We are excited to welcome you to our newest competition, the San Antonio DanceSport Classic. Join us for a great weekend of DanceSport and discover the charms of San Antonio, Texas. Our venue is mere minutes from the San Antonio International Airport and is nestled beside the beautiful San Antonio River Walk, the dining and entertainment heart of the old city. We are proud to be a part of the USA Dance National Qualifying Event circuit. As former competitors and Champions we strive to deliver a competitive experience with a touch of the "Texas Hospitality...."
Wayne & Marie Crowder
San Antonio is a major city in south-central Texas with a rich colonial heritage. The Alamo, an 18th-century Spanish mission preserved as a museum, marks an infamous 1836 battle for Texan independence from Mexico. Following the San Antonio River, the miles-long River Walk is a landmark pedestrian promenade lined with cafes and shops. HemisFair Park’s 750-ft. Tower of the Americas overlooks the city.
The San Antonio River Walk is a city park and network of walkways along the banks of the San Antonio River, one story beneath the streets of San Antonio, Texas.
Shopping, restaurants, running through the heart of the city.
A STORY BIGGER THAN TEXAS - 300 Years in the making, the epic story of the Alamo is renowned all over the world!
As the host chapter, the Board of USA Dance San Antonio takes great pleasure in inviting you to attend the inaugural San Antonio DanceSport Classic in San Antonio, Texas! San Antonio is the 7thlargest city in the US and of great historical significance as the home of the famous Alamo and the RiverWalk. Our chapter is excited to be working with Wayne and Marie Crowder to bring this competition to our city. We know you will be greatly pleased and amazed with all you find here as you explore before, during or after the competition.
San Antonio is well known as a quaint, yet cosmopolitan city with many great cultural activities to offer in the realm of art, music, film, theatre, dance, museums, renowned restaurants and recreation. San Antonio is in the midst of an exciting urban renaissance. Our city has a rich Spanish and colorful culture…yet has successfully blended this history with modern trends in food and culture. Our culture breeds a deep sense of hospitality and friendliness. Our volunteer group will assure that you feel welcome and are well taken care of. No request will be too small while you are here. Our aim is to make you fall in love with the San Antonio DanceSport Classic and our famous Riverwalk.
Here are some of our recommendations for exploring San Antonio if you have some time away from the dancefloor. All of these are easily walkable from the hotel or via a short cab/Uber/Lyft ride. Just ask any of the volunteers or go to the attached websites for more information:
· Mission San Antonio de Valero (The Alamo)http://www.thealamo.org/
· San Antonio Missions National Historical Park https://www.nps.gov/saan/index.htm
· The San Antonio River Walk https://www.thesanantonioriverwalk.com/
· The Buckhorn Saloon & Museum and Texas Ranger Museum
· The Tobin Center for the Performing Arts https://www.tobincenter.org/
· The Majestic Theatre http://www.majesticempire.com/
· Japanese Tea Gardens https://www.sanantonio.gov/ParksAndRec/Home
· San Antonio Botanical Garden http://www.sabot.org/
· Institute of Texans Culture http://www.texancultures.com/
· San Fernando Cathedral and Main Plaza https://www.sfcathedral.org/
· The Pearl Brewery (shops, dining and farmers’ market) http://www.atpearl.com
· The Shops at LaCantera https://www.theshopsatlacantera.com/
· The San Antonio Zoo http://sazoo.org/
· La Villita Historic Arts Village (shops, art, dining) https://www.lavillitasanantonio.com/
· Alamo City Golf Trail http://www.alamocitygolftrail.com/
· Sea World San Antonio https://seaworld.com/san-antonio/
· Six Flags Fiesta Texas https://www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas
· San Antonio Museum of Art https://www.samuseum.org/
· The McNay Art Museum https://www.mcnayart.org/
· The Witte Museum https://www.wittemuseum.org/
We sincerely wish you all the best in “exploring our city”. Safe travels and see you on the dancefloor!
Your friends at Chapter 5059,
USA Dance, San Antonio
Sign up to hear from us about special news, tours, and events.
Make plans now to experience the charms of San Antonio with dancing and the Texas hospitality.
PO Box 4034, Eden, NC 27288, US